Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Dear Mr. President

As I drove home from work today, I heard on the radio that Border Patrol Agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Alonso Compean surrendered themselves to Federal custody to begin serving 11 and 12 year sentences for "violating Osvaldo Aldrete Davila’s civil rights and of tampering with evidence for not reporting the shooting of Aldrete and for picking up shell casings." I immediately had to pull over because of the sickness in my gut! I couldn't believe that you did not pardon these men!

I have been following this case closely since it began and I was sadly disappointed that your administration refused to stand by two officers who were not only defending themselves, but also defending you, me, our families, as well as our fellow citizens.

However, as your term in office has continued, I have found myself repeatedly disappointed in your administration of government. You refuse to do anything about the southern border, you refuse to shrink government, you have spent tax dollars at a record pace and under your leader the Republican party lost both the House and the Senate due to your lack of leadership and failure to communicate the strategy in Iraq. I truly believe that you have lost touch with the average American.

You are wrong not to pardon these men. You are wrong regarding a lot of things and have made a fool out of me, as well as a lot of others who had great confidence in you. Well, I am fool no more! Until these men are freed, I will vote independent or Democrat. At least I know who they are. I thought that we shared common values, but regarding the ones that count, loyalty and integrity, I see that we don't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Find me on MySpace and be my friend!